Friday, July 26, 2013

So there was this spazzy, little droid.....

So Dan and I are having way too much fun with a completed droid to run around with.  But you guys wouldn't know anything about that since I haven't blogged about it!  So here it goes......

We have feet......




So now we need brains.......so the soldering begins.....


In pure Dan fashion, his brains needed to look a certain way too.  So he spent a lot of time planning out where everything would go on the board.  I have been told, in length, what everything does.  Do I remember any of it?  Nope.  But Dan insists it is easier than it looks and it is really not that difficult to build.  Uh huh...suuuuure.  


We had a clear board but it cracked.  I kinda like the blue though.


Speakers!  We actually hooked R2 up to our phones and listened to music.  Heehee.


Dan wanted to make sure the R2 had lots of power and easy access to said power.  So he has two batteries with the switch in the front behind one of his doors.  Easy switching from one battery to the other.


Braaaaiiiinnnsssssssss...........


With all these brains comes some serious computer programming.  We had a lot of help from some friends (I don't know if they want their names posted, but you know who you are!) and we couldn't have gotten R2 running without their help!

I wanted to post a video of R2's first steps (for those that haven't seen it on my facebook) but apparently Blogger has a limit on video size and I haven't figured out how to change that yet.  Yes, my computer skills are seriously lacking.  


Next up.....skins!!!!!!!!!



Every time we added something we said, "holy crap, he's really starting to look real!" and the skins really did that!  
 Now we just need a head.........


2 comments:

  1. looking awesome!! cant wait to see this one running round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have seen this one. This is the first one, I'm just THAT far behind! haha! We are hoping to have the next one up by Mega.....so that means I'll be blogging about it after the next Celebration! haha!

    ReplyDelete