Sunday, November 11, 2012

The day was 10-11-12

Remember how I said we had a monumental day in the build?  Well 10-11-12 was that day.  (I'm way behind, I know...I know...)  We didn't plan the date, as some people are crazy about the numerology dates that the last few years have brought upon us, it just kind of happened.  But here it is!

R2 is on 3 legs!!!!!!!!!!!



At this time we just have temporary back feet and placed him on scraps of wood so we could move him around the linoleum.  





Something about this stance really makes him start looking real.



Of course I had to put baby R2 beside him.  :)






Starting work on the skirt.  (Wait, R2 wears a skirt????)



We ordered skins too, so pretty soon (and by pretty soon in my blogger time frame, I mean most likely in a few months) R2 will have skin!




I want to make another shout out to the R2 builders club.  These guys are amazingly helpful and we (me by proxy) feel honored to be a part of this organization.  And now we (again, me by proxy) are part of the Southern R2 builders club.  This subset of builders is really something else.  In the short time that Dan has been a member he has talked to so many helpful people and found out so many fun tid bits of information.  One really awesome part of this club is their involvement with MegaCon.  For those of you that have been, last year they had a huge booth area in the back and ran the Hoth photo op.  So hopefully by March we will have R2 moving (he may be headless, however) and rolling around MegaCon showing off and supporting the Southern R2 builders!!!  And we (hopefully WE this time) will be volunteering and helping out with the booth set up/breakdown and the photo op.  March can't get here quickly enough!!!!

R2 builders club info -   www.astromech.net

No comments:

Post a Comment